When writing an email to propose a new salary, it’s important to be professional, clear, and confident in your request. Here are some tips for crafting such an email:
- Start with a polite and professional greeting, such as “Dear [Name],”.
- Introduce the purpose of the email in the first sentence, such as “I am writing to discuss my current salary and propose a new compensation package.”
- Provide specific and persuasive reasons for your proposal, such as recent performance or contributions to the company, changes in your responsibilities, or market data on industry salary trends.
- Include a specific figure or range for your proposed salary, as well as any other benefits or compensation elements you would like to propose.
- End the email with a polite and professional closing, such as “I look forward to discussing this proposal further with you” and your signature.
Here is an example of an email that puts all these tips together:
Subject: Request for Salary Review
I am writing to discuss my current salary and propose a new compensation package.
As you know, I have been with the company for [X years] and have consistently met or exceeded my performance goals. I have also taken on additional responsibilities, such as [list specific responsibilities].
After researching industry salary trends, I have found that my current salary is below the average for someone with my level of experience and responsibilities in [relevant field or industry].
I am proposing a salary increase to [specific figure or range]. In addition to this, I would also like to discuss the possibility of [other benefits or compensation elements].
I would be happy to schedule a meeting or phone call to discuss this proposal further and to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
It’s also important to be prepared to have a conversation and negotiate, be open and flexible to hear their thoughts and concerns and how can you come to an agreement.
I hope these examples are helpful!